Downtown Walking Tour
Photo not available
 

Wilshire Junior High School

(Wilshire School of Continuing Education Center and Auditorium — 315 E. Wilshire Avenue)

The destruction of Wilshire Junior High School by the 1933 earthquake resulted in the construction of a new Wilshire School by the WPA in 1936. The new school included the existing auditorium and classroom buildings facing Wilshire Avenue. Known as the Wilshire Junior High School from the mid-1950s through the early 1980s, it is now owned by the North Orange County Community College District, which restored the buildings to their current condition. With a Moderne style popular at the time of their construction, the Auditorium is the most significant of the buildings, due primarily to its interior detailing.

 

 

 
Fullerton Heritage Logo
Copyright 2009 Fullerton Heritage. All rights reserved.
Color photography by James C. Powell
Previous Tour Site Return to Views & Tours Next Tour Site Return to Tour Navigation