Downtown Fullerton Walking Tour
Christian Science Church

Christian Science Church

(Self-Realization Fellowship - 142 E. Chapman Avenue)

The corner site of this Spanish Colonial Revival building (originally the Christian Science Church) is an important part of the building's dramatic effect. The wings seem to embrace the corner, welcoming visitors. The church is distinguished from other Spanish Colonial Revival buildings by its Churrigueresque relief decoration. Although built in 1920, it was not dedicated until 1929 when a $35,000 debt had been repaid, in keeping with Christian Science values.

 
Fullerton Heritage Logo
Copyright 2009 Fullerton Heritage. All rights reserved.
Color photography by James C. Powell
Previous Tour Site Return to Views & Tours Next Tour Site Return to Tour Navigation