Downtown Walking Tour
Amerige Block

Amerige Block

(Retail Shops - 109-123 E. Commonwealth Avenue)

Built between 1919 and 1920 by Fullerton co-founder George Amerige, this single-story brick commercial block is typical of business buildings of the 1920s. The most striking features are the glazed tile façades, which carry a different design at each storefront. The Ameriges lived upstairs in the corner building until the late 1930s.

Fullerton Heritage Logo
Copyright 2009 Fullerton Heritage. All rights reserved.
Color photography by James C. Powell
Previous Tour Site Return to Views & Tours Next Tour Site Return to Tour Navigation