Downtown Walking Tour

Photo not available

 

Crystal Ice House

(112 E. Walnut Avenue)

Built in 1910, this building is probably the fourth-oldest remaining brick building in Fullerton. First known as the Fullerton Ice Company, the business played a major role in the growth of Fullerton by providing block ice for the citrus industry to transport fruit to regional markets. The building was used for ice making until 1986 as the Crystal Ice Company. It is a good example of the “brick vernacular” style common during the 1880s to late 1920s and was rehabilitated in the 1980s for its current use as a church.

 

 

 
Fullerton Heritage Logo
Copyright 2009 Fullerton Heritage. All rights reserved.
Color photography by James C. Powell
Previous Tour Site Return to Views & Tours Next Tour Site Return to Tour Navigation