Downtown Walking Tour
Santa Fe Dpot
Santa Fe Dpot Santa Fe Dpot

Santa Fe Depot*

(Amtrak/Metrolink Station - 120 E. Santa Fe Avenue)

The present Amtrak Depot replaced the original 1888 Victorian-style depot built following successful negotiations between the Amerige brothers and George Fullerton, agent for the Pacific Land Improvement Company. Those negotiations brought the railroad to town, and the Amerige brothers named the city after Fullerton. The current depot was built in 1930 and exemplifies the Spanish Colonial Revival style of architecture. The recently restored depot today provides facilities for Metrolink service between Los Angeles and San Diego and also serves Amtrak passengers. The Fullerton station is currently the 16th busiest station in the United States.

*National Register Building

Fullerton Heritage Logo
Copyright 2009 Fullerton Heritage. All rights reserved.
Color photography by James C. Powell
Previous Tour Site Return to Views & Tours Next Tour Site Return to Tour Navigation