Fullerton’s First Commercial
Building (1887) Needs Your Help
See the March 15 Project Update Below
The Amerige Brothers Real Estate Office in Amerige Park was last restored in 1983. Time has taken its toll and this vital piece of our City’s history must be protected.
Fullerton Heritage, your local volunteer preservation organization, has been given the opportunity by the Fullerton City Council to manage restoration of the building. This must be a community effort, since the City has no funds for the project.
Donations, in-kind services, and volunteers are urgently needed to make this a successful endeavor, to be completed by May 2013, the City’s founding month.
Please join in and help give the building the TLC that it deserves.
The following tasks are included in the scope of the project. Please consider participating by
signing up for one or more.
Donations Needed for a
- Install a new roof
- Complete the building’s power connections
- Replace conduit, wiring, plugs, switches, fixtures as needed
- Repair and refinish window mechanisms and frames
- Repair/replace window screens and frames
- Replace the existing “Amerige Brothers” sign
- Replace water-damaged interior wood
- Install new thresholds at the two doors
- Install new carpet and window coverings
- Sand, scrape, and otherwise prep outside and inside for painting
- Paint outside and inside
- Install new heating/air conditioning (HVAC) unit
- Replace door hardware with more appropriate style
- Replace/repair foundation vents and skirting as needed
Amerige Brothers Real Estate Office Restoration
YES! I will help with the restoration! Complete, print and mail the form below. Or download a copy of the brochure.
COUNT ME IN FOR THE FOLLOWING:
Fullerton Heritage – AmerigeBuilding
Mail this completed form to:
PO Box 3356
Fullerton, CA 92834
All donations will be acknowledged and may be tax deductible based on the 501(c)(3) status of Fullerton Heritage.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
Project Update: How Are We Doing as of March 15, 2013?
The good news is, we have made significant progress. We can include the following
businesses and individuals as partners in the project:
Roof replacement materials and labor and volunteers for work parties by Fullerton South Rotary – Bob Cummins, President
Wood and related items for interior and exterior repairs/replacements by Ganahl Lumber – Chad Kidder
All electrical components and labor to be donated by Fullerton Electric – Don Holly
Restoration of window operating components and labor to be donated by Window Restoration and Repair – Ed Sanchez
Interior carpeting to be donated by Rite Loom – George Lowe
Carpentry and wood repair work to be donated by McGarvey Construction Company – Bill McGarvey III
General Carpentry work to be donated by Unlimited Remodeling – David Huisenga
General carpentry and woodwork to be donated by Benchmark Custom Woodworks – Nick David
Paint and labor for preparation and painting to be donated by Adam England
Fabrication and installation of new Amerige Brothers sign to be donated by Letter Perfect Signs – Frank Smika
We are grateful for these pledges. Please show your appreciation by considering these donors for your personal and business needs.
The following tasks still need sponsorships. Please contact us if you can lend a hand. You can call the Fullerton Heritage Hotline at 714-740-3051.
- New heat pump unit for heating and air conditioning
- Materials, supplies, and volunteers to support the painting tasks – scrapers, brushes, tarps, etc.
- Door and window hardware and lighting fixtures